Tuesday, 13 October 2009

UK Knit Camp



How cool is this? Not only is it six days in Stirling which is a lovely Scottish city it is five days of working with my knitting heroes and other wonderful knitters plus a final day of the best selection of knitting shopping ever!

I have bed and breakfast booked in University accommodation, workshops to be booked in January.

So far the British knitting events I have attended have been awesome. At theCoventry Ravelry day earlier this year I took a workshop with Jared Flood (aka Brooklyn Tweed), sat entranced listening to Meg Swansen and Debbie Bliss.

At the  I-Knit day in London last month not only did I hear her wonderful presentation about what inspires her but I did a workshop with Alice Starmore, ALICE STARMORE! She showed me how to hold the yarn for doing fairisle with a strand in each hand, and she passed around a WIP for us to examine. Separate post on this to come.

So expecting big things from Stirling in August.

1 comment:

Kym said...

WOW -- does that sound like fun! Perfect, all the way around. :-)