I have spent the day knitting the edge on a Forest Canopy shoulder shawl, a Christmas present for my sister in a silver grey, 4 ply alpaca. I decided to bead every scallop on every pattern row, making parallel lines of beads using the crochet hook method, I’ve spent all of the afternoon and early evening on it.
When I had done 6 beaded rows it was clear that it was far too ‘bling’ so I have just pulled out the edge and put the beads back in the jar.
It sort of sums up the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The shawl is going to be lovely. I love this type of knitting but know I couldn't' do it because I'd never be able to follow the pattern. Knitting the two 'no holes' lace socks I knitted and the one pair of lace socks was bad enough. I kept having to rip back because I forgot manoeuvres!
Post a Comment