Fairtrade has always made sense to me, as has buying local and, where possible, organic. But in my house we always have something that is called 'Mummy's Guilty Secret'. No, not a secret stash of gin or chocolate - it is Granny Smith apples, the lovely green shiny ones that usually come with thousands and thousands of air miles. I buy them all year round with only the slightest pang of guilt (and then only in winter when they often come from Peru). I love them as they are but my favorite way of eating them is chopped into a salad, especially accompanied by homemade pizza and blue cheese dressing!
So it seemed synchronous recently when I was trawling through the cardigan patterns on Ravelry for a pretty cardigan for C to wear over a white and green floral cotton dress, to find Neoknits' Granny Smith Cardigan. Ebay yielded Rowan Kidsilk Haze in the Jelly colourway which was dispatched in superquick time for me to start it tonight.
Saturday, 3 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment