Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Walzing Along

I work from home and one of my guilty secrets is that I keep a knitting project at the side of my desk - for those 5 minute 'let's think this through', 'if I don't stop I will explode', 'bugger it I can't be arsed' moments and (the biggest secret of all) to occupy my fingers and the 50% of my brain not in use when I am on a conference call that I am not chairing.

The criteria is that it is must be tactile, mindless and soothing to do. At the minute it is this which is perfect http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/elizabeth-zimmermanns-green-sweater so its miles and miles of stocking stitch in the round on lovely, 4mm, metal tip, Knit Pro interchangeable needles.

I also have the radio tuned to BBC Radio 3 all day - classical music with no interference from adverts. Today I noticed, during a 'let's think this through' time out that I knit garter stitch (I throw) in 3/4 (three four) time at the speed of an average Mozart or Haydn minuet and trio.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love the 'buggar I can't be arsed' excuse. Made me LOL.
Anwyay, my laptop is an Acer Aspier 6930. It is strangely working again. My desktop never stopped working, cnnection wise, the latop did for for 16 horus or so. No emaila nd no net. Kept saying 'couldn't connect to dne serve'. Yet I could Skype and I could download virus updates. Weird. Anwya, it's back to normal now. Oh and i alos discovered that my desktop is wireless too so i pulled hte ehternet cable out. Duh!